Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thoughts on his first Xmas

Wow. There is nothing like a family to make being a mom easier and more enjoyable. Today, Chester woke up at 7:30 or so and, guess what- I woke up at 9! My mom took him for a little bit while I got to catch up on sleep. And then I got a 2 hour nap with the little guy this afternoon. This is the meaning of Bliss.

Meanwhile, the rest of the extended family is falling in love with the little guy. Even though we are far away, it's so great for him to see the people who love him and for him to know that he has a huge fan-base.

We are getting ready to head up to JP in a few days, which is both great and mildly overwhelming. There are SO many people I want to see. But, I have to really be mindful of my and Chester's level of energy. Matt and I are both missing the comforts of city life- Thai food on every corner, friends that you don't have to drive a half hour to see and the joys of walking to the coffee shop. City life might be in our future one day, but for now, little Monroe it is. Everything has its time and place and its own unique beauty.

I save other thoughts for another day...

2 comments:

Monsoon Mama said...

yes, having family around makes SUCH a big difference! glad that you got some rest. of course, we would love to see you all when you're in JP, but i know how tough it can be with a little one, so it's all good :) i think a certain someone would love to see his auntie gina, though! xxoo

Elizabeth said...

Hi Gina,
You might remember me -- I'm one of Alison's friends who lives in Maine. I saw you most recently this summer in Readfield for the "Olympics." Anyway, Alison gave me the link to your blog and I thought I'd say hello and congratulations to you and Matt for bringing such a fine little fellow into the world. It sounds like things are going well and I hope they continue to do so.
Cheers,
Liz