Thursday, January 29, 2009

On a roll...



Today was a great day. I had my morning with the moms, which is just so refreshing. It's wonderful to be around Ning and Cretia and see other women in the community mothering the way I believe in. It's also great to have adult conversation about motherhood. We have a lot of values in common in regards to child rearing- breastfeeding, natural/attachment parenting, co-sleeping, elimination communication (more on this in another post), etc... I enjoy seeing how these things have gone for them and to watch their intuitive mothering, also. I feel it enforces how I feel about raising Chester and gives me support for my own intuitive mothering style. We can also vent about the challenges of doing life this way and bounce ideas off of each other.

To continue on the good day streak, I came home and played with Chester while doing yoga (soooo good for me). I got him laughing...well, his version of laughing, anyway, which is kind of like panting with a big smile on his face- really really cute. Then Matt took him for a bit while I had a great phone conversation with Erin Sweeney (miss you) and when Matt went back to school, played with Chester some more until he fell asleep. He is now in the wrap, all cozy and sleepy as I get stuff done. Folded laundry and everything!

So, while I am at it, here are new pictures for all of you to get your Chester fix. The pics are Chester on his lambie, which was taken during the above mentioned yoga session and a pic of the onesies Matt hand-made for our little bunny.

Ok, so hungry. Snack time for momma.

___

So, I saved a draft of this post as I went and made Miso soup for dinner and what do you know??? Grandma Lisa walked in the door for a visit. It was truly a good day :)

4 comments:

Monsoon Mama said...

so glad to hear that you had a good day! quality time with other moms is SO fantastic... and personally, i loved it when we started talking about sex and not just about poopy diapers and breastfeeding :) i have a bunch of JP mom friends who did EC with their babies-- it's definitely a great way to go! you are an amazing woman and a FABULOUS mom. xxoo

GooberMonkey said...

Having other AP/Natural Parenting mamas in your life just gets more and more valuable the older your kid gets, I'm finding! So glad you have good community!

Denise said...

Hi Chester,

I loved seeing your pictures. You are sooo cute and it looks like you are ready to read. I am here with your NONI-she misses you very much. We both wish we could hold you. Please continue to be sweet to your mom and dad.

My best to you and your family,

Denise ---Noni's friend from Cutler

Unknown said...

My dear little Chester Bunny,
I don't believe it is possible for you to be any cuter!!!!Pop Pop and I cannot wait to be with you soon! Remember, Noni loves you!
Noni