Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving





Here are some pictures of Chester's first Thanksgiving. We went to Matt's Uncle Lincoln's house in Belfast, which is only about 25 minutes from here. The whole Ferrel crew was there and Chester got to meet a lot of family.

Picture 1 is Grandma Lisa with Chester. Pictures 2 and 3 are Uncle Ian with Chester Bunny, where one of them are making a funny face in each picture. And Picture 4 is Chester wearing his hat that Matt's Aunt Susan made for him from a variety of wools, including Buffalo hair. Chester wasn't so sure about wearing any hat at all, but he still looks pretty good in it!

It was a wonderful day full of thanks. Some things I am thankful for:
My healthy, beautiful baby boy.
My loving family- Matt, my parents and sister, Matt's family...
All the love and support from our beautiful friends near and far.
The fact that for the first time in 3 weeks I feel like a normal person and my breasts don't hurt like crazy!

2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

Hi Gang! I love, love, love, the hat Aunt Susan knitted. Just beautiful. The pics are great, and even though me missed all of you, we are happy that you were with family. We are definitely looking forward to many hugs and kisses at Christmas.
Love, Aunt Sue

Thérèse Hak-Kuhn said...

I just finished reading all of your posts and looking at the photos~they are all beautiful and I feel like I have been given a window into the ongoing story of life with Chester. I am glad that you are sharing with others the importance of setting up support for the postpartum time. I am glad that you have a stellar partner and that others are able to help you but I wish I were around the corner to support you and Matt as well. The breastfeeding piece comes together as you are seeing but really even for those who are not having any "problems" it takes about 3 months of you, the baby and the breasts to come together as one. It is hard hard work this parenting thing but as you have already witnessed, what could be more important than raising a human and what job other than this one would you be willing to do that had such trials and tribulations? ~ Its that undescribable, unconditional love
Peace to you Thérèse